1ST JON KABAT-ZINN PRIZE FOR BEST RESEARCH POSTER PRESENTATION, € 5000 prize.
FECHAS DEL ENVÍO DEL RESUMEN DE LOS PÓSTERES Y CONDICIONES
- Abstract submissions open: 15 January 2018
- Abstract submissions close: 15 May 2018
- Authors notified of acceptance: Until 30 May 2018 (this notification will be made progressively and authors will be notified on average 15 days prior to poster submission)
- Although the work may be provisionally accepted by the scientific committee, at least one of the authors must be registered for the meeting by 15 May 2018 for final acceptance.
- Only one poster presentation will be accepted per registration.
* Posters sent prior to the opening date for submissions or after the closing date will not be accepted.
PREPARATION AND SUBMISSION OF POSTER ABSTRACT
-The poster abstract must contain the following sections:
- Material and methods
Posters may deal with any topic (clinical cases, theoretical reflections, reviews, research protocols, etc.), but ONLY research-related posters with COMPLETE INFORMATION (NOT work in progress) will be eligible to compete for the 1st Jon Kabat-Zinn Prize
-The word limit for the abstract is 300 words.
-The poster can be presented in either Spanish or English, but ONLY posters presented in English will be eligible to compete for the 1st Jon Kabat-Zinn Prize as there is an international panel of judges.
-The poster abstract must be sent to the following email address in within the specified period:
- Write your name and surname(s) in the subject line.
- The body of the email should contain:
- The poster title in UPPER CASE
- Your personal details (name and surname(s) and the contact details for at least one of the authors (email and telephone number)*
- Attach the abstract in Word format (including titles, authors, affiliation).
-Only the abstract is required for submission, NOT the actual poster.
*The email address given when filling in the author details will be used for any communication or confirmation. Please ensure to always use the same email address.
Posters will be evaluated for acceptance by the scientific committee.
The 1st Jon Kabat-Zinn Prize will be awarded by the international panel of speakers (Willem Kuyken, Perla Kaliman and Sara Lazar). The scientific committee will create a shortlist of the 10 best research posters from which the international panel will choose the winner and two runners up for whom there will be no cash award.
POSTER PRESENTATION AT THE MEETING
Where an abstract is accepted by the members of the scientific committee, the corresponding poster can be presented provided they have the following dimensions: Width 90cm – Length 120cm.
Posters of different dimensions to those specified will not be exhibited.
Notification of the day and time for the poster presentation will be given by the organizing committee.
1ST JON KABAT-ZINN PRIZE
- The winner of the 1st Jon Kabat-Zinn Prize for the Best Research Poster will receive a cheque for €5,000. The prize will be awarded at the Gala Dinner by the chair of the meeting. Certificates will be awarded for the 2nd and 3rd best posters. However, there will be no monetary prize for
the runners up.
- The three best works will be given the opportunity for publication in the Mindfulness & Compassion journal.